- Burutu Terminal is strategically located in the middle of Nigeria with shorter access compared to Lagos to the middle and north belt of the country – the River Niger ( 300 miles circa of navigable river ) from Makordi to Locoja (3 hour drive on from Abuja). Ajaocuta, Onicha, Warri , Burutu and the to ocean through the Escravos Channel
- Natural corridor – River Niger – connecting Burutu Terminal to the north of the country, it was used
consistently by the British (being marine educated people) to trade from and to inland Nigeria – agriculture, cotton, coal and other materials
- At Burutu it was based the British Royal Navy
- Trade hubs such as Onitcha, Locoja, Makurdi were developed because of Burutu as exxporting and
- After civil war in Nigeria Burutu was left underestimated as Lagos kept developing as an import/export port.